So, you are considering to begin the habit, lifestyle and daily ritual of coffee drinking? What is holding you back?!
Below I will describe some of the reasons why you should absolutely drink at least 1 cup of coffee per day.
- Antioxidants! – Yes there are various places to find antioxidants but the funny thing is coffee seems to deliver it to our body in the most efficient way. So although some fruit may have a greater antioxidant content than coffee does, your body may no be processing it as easily as it does with coffee.
- You’ll feel happier! – It is said that people who drink coffee are 10% less likely to suffer from mental illnesses such as depression. This phenomenon is again, attributed to coffee’s antioxidant content, but I thought this was such an important factor it needed it’s own bullet point.
- Make you sharper, smarter. – The high quantity of caffeine in coffee will make your brain work faster, harder and more effectively. Yes, people usually use this stimulant effect to help with waking up in the early morning but it could also be used to stimulate the mind and assist in creative thinking or other intellectual tasks.
- Burn fat easier? – Caffeine has shown itself time and time again to aid in burning fat. When you consume caffeine it speeds up your metabolism, causing you to burn more of calories than you usually would.
- Coffee contains vital nutrients. – Now I admit it is not much, up to 10% of your RDA in one cup, however if you drink various cups per day, it can quickly become a big boost. Coffee contains: Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin. There are more nutrients available in coffee but present in such low quantities they are not worth mentioning.
- Reduced risk of diabetes type II. – Various studies have demonstrated that this is the case. Now the numbers vary from as low as 20% risk reduction all the way up to 67% in one case study! That is an astounding reduction. Diabetes type II is a very serious disease that burdens over 300 million people around the world.
- Reduced chance of Parkinson’s disease. – This is a terrible neurodegenerative disease that will turn your life upside down if you have the misfortune of developing it. Coffee drinkers, however, have a vastly reduced chance of getting Parkinson’s disease. Now, it must be caffienated coffee as a study proved that decaf drinkers did not enjoy the same anti-Parkinson’s buffer.
- Reduced chance of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia. – Another ravaging neurodegenerative disease, which usually affects those over the age of 65. There is currently no cure to Alzheimer’s, but there is a lot we can do when we are young to avoid developing it. A generally healthy lifestyle will help tremendously to avoid getting this disease, and on top of that drinking coffee daily can reduce your chance by up to 65%!
- Reduced chance of developing various types of cancer. – Coffee will aid in protecting you from liver cancer and colorectal cancer. It is thought that regular coffee drinkers are up to 40% less likely to suffer from liver cancer, and avid coffee drinkers (drinking 4-5 cups per day) are 15% less likely to suffer from colorectal cancer.
- Coffee protects your liver! – One of the most important organs in your body, the liver, is protected from various diseases thanks to coffee. These diseases include: hepatitis, fatty liver disease, cirrhosis and more. Coffee drinkers are up to 80% less likely to develop cirrhosis than non-coffee drinkers. This is especially important if you drink alcohol or are an alcoholic as they tend to be the most prone to these sort of liver diseases.
If that was not enough for you, bookmark this page as in the future I will post more reasons why coffee is a must have in your day to day life! When I have written the next post I will edit this post to add a link here, and I will also send it out to everyone and anyone who is on our email list so please do sign up and support this website.